Orthodox Apprentice: Episode 9 - Lee is 2-0
In Episode 9 of The Apprentice, Lee Bienstock volunteered as Gold Rush's project manager, ended the team's 4-task losing streak and upped his record as PM to 2 wins with no losses. As the remaining Orthodox Apprentice candidate, Lee is getting plenty of airtime, fueling speculation that he could make it to the final two.
Our lee-cap of tonight's episode:
- Upon returning to the suite, Lee made a point of telling the other candidates that he likes Leslie a lot and that it was difficult for him to fire her. (Has he already taken over Trump's job?)
- Then Lee told Charmaine Hunt that he's not mad at her for advising Trump to fire him.
- In the first few minutes of this episode, we get a sense of Lee's true character. He doesn't personalize what happens in the boardroom, he loves his teammates and he doesn't hold a grudge. (Leviticus 19:18)
- We also get a sense of Lee's savvy. He doesn't want to piss off any of his teammates or create any enemies.
- Lee proceeded to inform his teammates that he needs to be project manager to save his ass from being fired. Tarek looked surprised since he was probably expecting to take on that role.
- Mr. Trump introduced the Ameriquest executives to the teams with his now-standard line: "Your names?" This episode had the weakest tie-in ever between a sponsor and a task. Ameriquest had almost no presence during the episode and their role was limited to a logo on the back cover of the souvenir brochures. Does anyone even know what Ameriquest does? Does this Super Bowl commerical help?
- Trump told Lee that he barely escaped last night. Lee didn't think it was so close. This brief exchange was significant because Trump and Mark Burnett blew the cover off their fictional 16-"week" job interview.
- Two epsiodes ago, Lee predicted, "If we lose, Lenny will be fired." TRUE
- Last episode, Lee predicted, "If we lose, Leslie will be fired." TRUE
- This episode, Lee predicted, "If we lose, I'll be fired." TRUE???
- Viewers were given the opportunity to vote for who they want to fire. During the Eastern time zone airing, Lee took an early lead with 27% of the votes.
- Gold Rush started selling brochures at Battery Park and Lee declared, "This is all out war!"
- Gold Rush easily won the task and Lee gave us another great quote: "Winning - best remedy for feeling like crap!" (Now available on men's and women's t-shirts.)
- As we had been reporting for more than two weeks, the winning team went to Bedminster, NJ to play golf with Vijay Singh. And Tarek drove like a pro.
- During the Eastern time zone airing of the episode, the final viewer vote was 31% for Andrea Lake. Trump agreed and fired her. Lee came in second with 22% of the vote. Allie was third with 11%. (Can anyone post the CT and PT results when they're available?)
- Donald's final words: "Good job, kids."
- Our final words on this episode: "Donald Jr., you're fired!" (Wasn't he awful?)
Other random notes:
- This earlier post has a preview of some upcoming episodes.
- Reminder: The 2-hour finale will air on Monday, June 5, live from Los Angeles.
- A belated happy birthday to Allie Jablon's mother. It was three weeks ago. Yes, she's Jewish.
- Since tomorrow is Yom HaShoah (Holocaust Remembrance Day), this is an appropriate time to commend Allie's mother for her work on the Columbia (SC) Holocaust Education Commission.