Monday, April 17, 2006

Quotables: Lenny on Lee

Lenny Veltman discussed Lee Bienstock - the remaining Orthodox Apprentice candidate - in an interview with TV Guide:

"I think Lee, he has everything. They talk about Lee being young, inexperienced, all this crap, but we hear that every season about someone. Some young kids are very mature these days and Lee is one of those kids. This guy has education, which is very appealing to Donald Trump. Very appealing. Ivy league school, 4.0, at the top of his class.... What else could be better, right? Also, I think Donald Trump himself is a very loyal person to his business partners and to his friends and so forth, and as I saw him I find out a little bit more about Trump. He's a very human, very funny person, a very nice and cool guy. Loyalty, Lee has it."

"You have to be born with [loyalty] and Lee has it — he has it. I don't think anybody else on the show does."

"Yeah, [Lee]'s my advocate. Everybody needs a good "lawyer" in this country, and I've got one."

"I'm not that religious, OK, so why would I [be absent]? We had, like, six Jewish contestants. I knew Lee from Day 1 and he's a kosher guy, he's observing Jew, and I knew he's going to take days off. That wasn't surprising for me. I didn't know same thing about [Dan, whom Lenny had words with in the suite]. That's why I was upset. I have no problem with the Judaism and I have no problem with Lee. I had a problem with [Dan], that's it. How can I be anti-Semitic, you know, if I'm Jewish myself?"

"Can you find [Lee]? I've been trying to find him for two days and I can't reach him."
(Orthodox Apprentice to Lenny: Didn't Lee tell you about the Passover holiday? He doesn't work and he doesn't talk on the phone.)


And on Lenny's website, he wrote this on April 14th:
"Yes, Lee is an amazing and VERY Smart guy, 4.0 from Cornell, nobody else comes even close to his intelegence.Vote for him."
On NBC.com, you can vote for who you want to be the next Apprentice. Leading up to the final two candidates, all the episodes of The Apprentice have been recorded and are just waiting to air. However, when it's down to the final two, the public vote could influence Trump's decision on who to hire.

So.... why is Lenny urging us to vote for Lee?


On a separate note:

On Tuesday, April 18th only, you can download a free Apprentice Season 5 highlights show, exclusively on iTunes!

8 Comments:

At 4/18/2006 2:31 PM, Blogger Mike Barer said...

Lenny must be a lot like my Great Grandfather who came over and started a successful trading business on limited English. He needs to get more confortable with his English to make it in the corporate world.
Good Luck Lenny!

 
At 4/18/2006 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHen Lenny says "Vote for Lee" I think he is refering to the Apprentice Website where you can vote for the candidate you think should win.

 
At 4/18/2006 4:18 PM, Blogger Mike Barer said...

On that note Lee wrote me a very nice e-mail a week or so ago so I'd seriously consider voting for him.

 
At 4/21/2006 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

he sent you an e- mail!!!
no way !!1
i want to send him one!!!
he is the best

 
At 4/21/2006 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

can i have his e-mail address!!!

 
At 4/21/2006 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

me too!!!!

 
At 4/23/2006 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ditto

 
At 4/23/2006 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can send him an email on his website

 

Post a Comment

<< Home